James Swanwick Is Hiring!
How To Become The Highly Coveted, And Paid, Operations And Project Manager For James Swanwick’s Businesses
- About me and my companies.
- The job description of the position that is available, including salary.
- If we’re the right fit for each other, in which case, I’d love for you to apply.
First, let me tell you about me:
I was lucky enough to have Forbes magazine vote me one of Top 25 Networking Experts and I’ve interviewed celebrities including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
My team consists of a website developer (Missoula, Montana), a PPC Manager (Brisbane, Australia), a Blog / Content manager (Los Angeles, California), a virtual assistant (Philippines), a video editor (Bournemouth, U.K.), an assistant (Los Angeles), a podcast producer (Los Angeles), a copywriter (Los Angeles) and a business partner (Brisbane).
Who I’m looking for:
An experienced project manager who can execute my vision to help one million people sleep better (swanwicksleep.com), reduce or quit alcohol (30daynoalcoholchallenge.com), and improve their lives.
You will help organize and assist me, my in-person and virtual staff, and map out, structure and systemize everything.
The role will be a healthy combination of working in-person in a Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood office, and from your own home or wherever you choose.
Requirements for the job:
- Create structure
- Get things systematized
- Manage a team of in-person and virtual staff
- Be my right-hand man
- Be organized and efficient
- Travel with me to conferences
- Have strong community values
- Communicate with high-level people in a professional manner
- Have creativity and energy
- You must be a superstar
- Be proactive and a fast learner
- Manage travel
- Run my calendar
- Oversee my emails
- You must have constant and reliable computer and internet access
- You must have a good knowledge of social media including Facebook, SnapChat, Instagram, iTunes
- Knowledge of online tools including Dropbox, Google Docs, and Google Calendar
- Ability to take the initiative and complete tasks without having to be asked
- Book me on TV shows, podcasts
- Book me for speaking gigs
Here are the MANDATORY requirements for this position:
- This is a fulltime position that requires a minimum of 40 hours per week, sometimes more.
- You must be willing to learn new tasks quickly, to sometimes work long hard hours if necessary, to be able to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time, to be self-sufficient and not require constant direction, to excel when most people would fail, and to be a self-starter. You MUST be a proven winner in your life and mind.
- You must be skilled at managing a team of people, as well as effectively running and managing multiple projects. This means you must have amazing communication skills, have the ability to regularly check-in with people and hold high standards of accountability. You must be a leader and someone that ensures projects get done, deadlines get met and everything is running smoothly. You are responsible, mature and on the ball with things.
- You MUST have some experience about internet marketing, management and technology. Since you’ll be managing the operations of an online business, you need to understand and have some skills using tools / websites like: WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WordPress, and E-Mail Marketing.
- If you are not a “computer” pro or not technically savvy, this job isn’t for you.
- You CANNOT have any “side hustles”, which include another job or business on the side. We are looking for someone that can FULLY COMMIT to growing our business and not have a conflict of interest with wanting to build their own. If you are “entrepreneural” and want to do your own thing, this isn’t the job for you. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with being an employee, enjoys the security of it and has the desire to grow in our business for years to come.
- You MUST have a passion for self-development and be a positive, motivated person. Our company culture and values consist of continual self-improvement and adding value to others, so we only want to work with someone that is aligned with that.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO:
- Live in Los Angeles
- Have experience as a project, systems or operations manager
- Have experience as a high-level executive assistant
- Monday – Friday. Generally 10am-6pm but there is a lot of flexibility
- Some weekend work
REASONS TO DO THE JOB:
- What you do will help thousands of people around the world
- You will be part of a value-friendly company
- You will be part of an incredibly positive culture with a great team
- You will be able to serve
- You will operate with a top entrepreneur who has owned several businesses
- You will meet many amazing entrepreneurs, New York Times best-selling authors and Hollywood celebrities
- You will learn many skills about business
- You will learn about TV, radio and podcasts
- Amazing learning opportunity
- Potential to level up in the organization over time
Let me walk you through the official “Job Description” of the position that we are offering to the right person:
- Potential to level up in the organization over time. To the right person, we will be paying monthly base salary within first 6 months, and then percentage increase for the base salary afterwards (with potential for bonuses). For the first 10 days, we will pay $80/day for training before the base salary begins.
- You will be working directly with myself and other members of our team. We will be working and talking throughout the week and integrate into the inner workings of the company. Essentially you will be my “right-hand” man or woman.
Here is some of what is involved in the position:
- Faithfully execute and manage projects effectively, achieving or exceeding planned objectives.
- Lead, manage, and hold the team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments and objectives.
- Integrate all major operating functions of the business. Ensure everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Model the way, always working toward the greater good of the business.
- Assist in creating “systems” and “Standard Operating Procedures” for every operation of the business. Will require working with the team and documenting everything step-by-step, to better maximize the team’s efficiency and grow the business.
- Resolve issues effectively – seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensure the team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
- Act as the “Culture Ambassador” for the company – regularly check-in with each member of the team, ensuring morale is high, that everyone is happy and productive.
- Ensure that everyone is truly following and adhering to the company’s core processes and operation system with consistency. Demonstrates effective project management skills.
- Recruit and hire new “superstar” team members for required positions. Effectively interview, train and manage new team members, successfully integrating them into the business.
- Effectively collaborate with James (owner) and stay on the same page. Maintain a high level of mutual respect with James. Realize the unique contributions and ideas that James has, and possess an ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company.
- Confirm that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization. Inherently ensures that everyone is in the know. Verifies that a high level of effective communication exists throughout the organization. Host weekly team meetings via Skype or Zoom.
- Work with customer support team to ensure all customer inquiries are properly answered and dealt with.
- Work with Web Developers, Graphics Designers, Social Media & Marketing Experts, and be able to give them the proper direction and go “back and forth” with them to ensure a project gets completed successfully.
- Must be an effective communicator and be able to consistently communicate with James and the members of the team on a daily basis.
- Actively learning, reading and growing business/management skills. Will be required to go through different courses/training programs on marketing/business. Will be required to be read certain books, such as: Work The System, Traction and Rocket Fuel.
- Anything else that may be required or needed, you’re on top of. There may be seemingly boring or mundane work required, but you have no problem doing the stuff that nobody else wants to do or knows how to, but you can figure it out.
- You will also have A LOT of FUN. This is really a requirement. Although we are very dedicated when it comes to work, we are just as dedicated to having fun and enjoying every day of every week. Boring, uptight people are not going to fit in.
- You would run and manage the operations and team of the business as if it was your own. Needless to say, you would be getting paid very well with room to grow. We are looking for someone to commit to this position long-term.
Do not apply if:
DO NOT APPLY if you are not able to commit long-term to help grow this company.
Here’s what some of James’s staff say about working with him:
“Working with James and his team has been amazing. Over the past year and a half, I’ve grown in ways I couldn’t imagine. James and his team is a fountain of knowledge helping me to grow with overcoming obstacles, strengthening systems, finding flow in communication with virtual teams and learning new technical skills. The team here is all about learning from those who’ve done it first, moving into action quickly and ongoing testing like a mad scientist. James is kind, generous, thoughtful and one of the BEST networkers I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. It’s a fun team, we get things done and are on the ground floor of something that has potential to grow big. If you’re looking for a team that wants to try fresh ideas, have fun, while getting things done… this is it.” – Kevin Schouweiler
“Before I met James, I was stuck in a well paid but unfulfilling job. I wasn’t sure where my life was going. In only 18 months, James’s mentorship showed me different parts of his business. We experimented with different roles, and I found media outreach and writing to be the most rewarding. James taught me how to pitch journalists with engaging headlines and write engaging copy. He introduced me to other people in his network like Tai Lopez, who I also work for. I now freelance full-time and work from wherever I want in the world. I’ve written for publications like Business Insider, Fortune, The Huffington Post, Thought Catalog, Collective Hub, MindBodyGreen, and more. I create stuff that impacts the lives of other people. I have 100% control of my schedule which means more time for my son, exercise, and the little things which make a big difference to my happiness. Friends and family say I’ve transformed. I’m stronger, calmer, more positive and focused. Thanks, James!” – Steve Costello
If interested, what should you do now?
If after reading every word on this page, twice, you 100% believe this is absolutely, without a doubt, the perfect thing for you. Then click below to fill out the application: