193: How to Make a Better Friend Group
“Shared interests go a very long way in developing a friendship.” – James Swanwick
(click to tweet)
A lot of people spend time sitting around complaining about how their friend group isn’t what they would want it to be. They pretend like there’s nothing they can do about it. We often hear about how one of the most important aspects of being successful is surrounding yourself with successful people. But how do you do that in a very practical way?
That’s what this episode is about, and the truth that you are about to find out is that it’s ridiculously easy. It’s so easy, in fact, that’s it’s a wonder that so many people simply choose to stay in their friend group that they are unhappy with. There’s so much more! Using tools like MeetUp.com and others, you have no excuse for not leveling up your circle of friends.
So if you’re one of those people who wishes your friend group were better, more aligned with your goals, and more in tune with what you are all about, get off your ass and get out there! It’s extremely easy right now to improve your friend group, so take advantage of that and make sure that you are surrounded by friends who make you better every time you hang out.
“Put yourself in environments where you will meet the people you want to be friends with.“ – James Swanwick
(click to tweet)
- Put yourself in environments where you will meet the people you want to be friends with. You can’t help but meet the people you want to be around
- Look for groups of people that are interested in the same things you are interested in
- Find way to do things with other people. Doing things brings a deeper bond
- Shared interests go a very long way in developing a friendship
- Once you put yourself in those environments, make sure to be very friendly and involved