255: My Biggest Mistakes in Business, So You Don’t Have to Make Them
While it’s true that sometimes you need to make mistakes to learn, hopefully they don’t have to be YOUR mistakes! This means that you can learn from the mistakes of others, through books, podcasts, and mentors.
Today I am talking about the biggest mistakes that I made in business, so that you don’t have to make the same ones. These mistakes were costly, and if someone had told me this I probably could have saved millions of dollars.
So learn from my mistakes, and avoid them in your own business ventures!
- Learn how to be a “business-person” as soon as you can. Educate yourself!
- Instead of listening to music to kill time, educate yourself with podcasts and audiobooks
- If you just listen to educational material while working out instead of listening to music, you could be ahead of most people by about an hour a day!
- Knowledge is not power. Applied knowledge is power. Do it!
- Take action! Take the first step. Getting started is so essential, and too many people don’t do it
- Don’t procrastinate!
- When you have a thought about something you want to do, take immediate action. Otherwise, you risk procrastination over the long-run
- Don’t take on too many partners, especially early on in business
- Assign deadlines to projects, and put them in your calendar