Getting a response from someone is going to be key to your accomplishing almost anything that you may want to accomplish in life. And often, the person that want to respond to you the most will be someone that everyone else wants a response from as well. They’re far too busy for you, right?
As it turns out, there are some simple principles to keep in mind when reaching out to someone, if you want to really stand out enough to get a response, and that is what this episode is all about! Giving you the tactics that are going to make you stand out, and get the response that is so essential to what you’re trying to accomplish.
So whether you’re pitching a venture capitalist, trying to get a date, reaching out to a potential mentor, or any other number of goals, contacting people and getting them to respond to you is going to be essential, and you’ll learn exactly how on this episode of the James Swanwick Show!
- Don’t just shoot an email and hope they respond. That almost never works
- Try sending video text message. You will get a high rate of reply on that, because very few people do it
- Try actually giving people a call. Very few people do that these days. If they don’t pick up, send a text right after (maybe video)
- Try unusual channels for outreach, such as snapchat and others
- Always be very friendly in your persistence, so that you don’t come across as pushy
- Find any way you can to stand out from the crowd