261: How To Permanently Beat Procrastination and FINALLY Accomplish What You Want To
Procrastination plagues almost everyone who dreams about doing great things. Humans are inherently lazy, which means that making progress on anything you want to do is going to be a struggle. But you have a very simple choice: The short term pain of getting off your ass and taking the first step, or the long term, immensely greater pain of regretting not reaching your full potential.
This is the incredible danger of procrastination: It can easily cause you to wake up 10 years, 25 years, or 50 years later, and feel like it passed in an instant without accomplishing what we truly wanted to. If you find yourself held back from taking the first steps in your goals and dreams, consider the very real danger and fear of waking up in 10 years and still being right where you are now.
That fear should spur you to action TODAY! This episode is my call to you to stop being lazy, to stop letting fear hold you back, and to finally beat procrastination and start doing the things you want to do in this life!
- Almost EVERYONE knows that they’re procrastinating too much
- A lot of people let the thought of how long something will take keep them from getting started
- Life will not slow down for you. You simply need to speed up to keep up with it
- Go FASTER
- Sometime is NO time
- Humans beings are inherently lazy, so achievement is a constant fight against that
- No matter how far you’ve come, you will always struggle with the desire to procrastinate. You just get better at saying no to it
- Take short term pain over long term struggle every time
- The struggle makes you appreciate the results more
- The fear will never go away. You just need to feel the fear and do it anyway
- Focus on one little step that you can take
- Change your language to change the way you feel about something
- Just do it