262: Why I Felt Depressed and How I Got out of it
We all have those days, right? Those days when it just feels like everything is going wrong. When nothing comes easy, and each time you try to accomplish a new task, you find yourself blocked by some unforeseen problem. Roadblocks to your productivity pop up out of nowhere, and things that would normally be a breeze to get done are practically impossible.
Sometimes, those momentary setbacks and problems in life can put you in a funk. They put you in this kind of attitude where it seems like everything in your life is going wrong, like you don’t have anything to be thankful for, and like you’re in the worst situation possible.
Whenever this happens, if you look at the actual circumstances, you will almost certainly find that you are definitely NOT in the worst situation, but that doesn’t change how these times can make you feel.
Today, I’m talking about what I do when I find myself in these moods of depression and anxiety, how I deal with it, and how I eventually recover and get myself out. We all go through those times, so listen to this episode for practical tips and tricks to get out of your mental funk and back to your productive self!
- Small annoying things can all add up to large frustrations.
- Regardless of all the good things going on in your life, it’s still easy to let yourself get overwhelmed and sink into depression.
- Be willing to connect with the way that you really feel in the moment, even if it is a negative feeling.
- Try changing your physiology drastically to quickly adjust your emotional state.
- Feel and express gratitude. Checkout: FiveMinuteJournal.com
- Drink lots of water.
- You can either look at the good, or the bad side of each issue you encounter.