263: Take the One Kindness Challenge with John Wang
Did you know that when you do an act of kindness for someone, without the idea of any reciprocation but simply to help someone else out, you are probably getting even more benefit out of it than the person you are helping?
My guest today is John Wang, and he’s talking about why performing an act of kindness is actually, believe it or not, a selfish act! A good selfish act, that everyone should do more of everyday, but a selfish nonetheless because of the tremendous benefit that you will receive from performing the act!
John Wang founded the “One Kindness Challenge,” which is a challenge to perform one act of selfless (but actually selfish) act of kindness everyday! Are you ready to take the challenge?
- What we do every single day will have tremendous impact, whether negative or positive, whether to ourselves or the world
- An act of kindness can in fact be a selfish act, because of the tremendous value it brings you!
- When you help someone, endorphins are released, and you get a type of “helper’s high”
- When you help someone, it’s important that you do it without the expectation of anything in return
- Try doing one act of kindness each day
- Inviting someone to something can be an act of kindness