162: BOOK REVIEW: “Loving What Is” by Byron Katie
A lot of us find ourselves in frustrating situations, with people who routinely frustrate us, much of the time. Often, we imagine that it is completely out of our control to feel frustrated, as it is somebody else who is frustrating us, right? Maybe not…
As it turns out, there is a simple exercise, outlined in the book “Loving What Is” by Byron Katie, and I’m reviewing that book on this episode of The James Swanwick Show.
When you put negative and frustrating aspects of your life through the 4 question test, and really devote and give yourself over entirely to the process, you will find that you have a lot more control over how you feel about your situation than you think! Learn how, on this episode of The James Swanwick Show!
- Whenever you’re frustrated about anything, put it through those 4 questions
- Whenever you think something, turn it around, and find 3 different examples of where that turnaround is true
- Question anything that you think or feel
- Whenever you have a negative thought, imagine yourself completely without the thought, and imagine what that reality is like
- Apply all of these questions and exercises to anything negative in your life
There are 4 questions that we can ask ourselves to completely change our life
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely know that it is true?
- How do you react when you think that thought?
- Who would you be without that thought?