Do you put yourself out there to help others without expecting anything in return? Are you taking on project because of the perks and not because you are passionate about them? If you answered yes to either of those, you’re probably doing more harm than good when it comes to networking.
If you really want to network with people, and more importantly make long-term friends, you need to be willing to put other people first. You should help people for the sake of helping them, and only take on projects you really care about. If you do things for any other reason, you’re just burning bridges.
On this episode of the James Swanwick show, James broadcasts live from Darren Darnborough’s birthday party at the Mondrian Hotel in Hollywood. James interviews Darren on how he has made such an impact on lives all over the world, and has become the go to man for so many people. Download this episode to see what it really takes to be successful in this world.
- Reach out, be genuine to people, and be there for them.
- Actually be nice.
- Remember people’s names and use them.
- Get involved with things because you believe in it, not because of the perks.
- Don’t challenge people, charm them and help them.
- You never forget the people who first give you a chance.
- Your child’s name can create an impact on their future based on society’s impression of it.
- Live a life of service for others – and enjoy it.