Have you ever thought about the impact your friends have made on your life? Think about your closest friends, have they impacted you positively or negatively? Can you think of specific times that they have inspired you to make positive changes in your life? If not, you may be allocating too much time to the wrong people.
Time is one of the greatest things you can give a person. It is something that is limited, and can become scarce after you take out the amount of time you sleep, eat, and work. When you have free time, are you spending it with people that teach you new things? Or challenge you to be a better individual?
On this episode of the James Swanwick show, James details the importance in picking your friends, and even moreso with your close friends. It is said that you are known for those you hang around with. Those that are close to you are the ones that will influence you largely. Pick your friends wisely, because they will determine the quality of your life.
- It is the quality of your friends, relationships, and acquaintances, that determine the quality of your life.
- Who you hang around with effects the conversations that constantly surround you.
- If you spend time with people who are business savvy, then your conversations will revolve around business.
- If you are hanging out with healthy people, then you are going to have healthy conversations.
- Be choosey with whom you spend you time with.
- The top 5 people you dedicate your time to will influence your character the most.
- Who do you spend time with?
- Are you learning from them?
- Do you feel good after hanging out with them?
- Proximity is power. Whoever you are close to will influence you.
- Hang out with people you want to become like.
- Hang out with people who are smarter than you, who inspire you, who challenge you.
- Put yourself in situations that make you feel uncomfortable because the people you are with are smarter than you.
- Your standard of living will change depending on who you are with.