When you’re traveling, it’s easy to be taken advantage of and ripped off. People spot a tourist and know ways to get an extra buck out of them. For example, James was in Las Vegas and a local taxi could tell he wasn’t from around there and took him the “long way”. A $15 taxi ride quickly turned into $35, and James was unaware until the next day.
The good news is that traveling can also be amazing! James has been continuing his adventure as he travels and grows his company: Swannies. He went from a networking event in Tampa to a mattress convention in Las Vegas.
It’s amazing how learning about something new can go from interesting to tedious in a couple of days, but the good news is you may soon be able to get a new mattress from Swannies that will help you sleep better each night!
James continued his journey to Austin, where we find him in this episode. He’s been sharing great times with his friends, and planning where his journey will take him next.
Download this episode of the James Swanwick show to hear fascinating tales of travel, and insider tips on growing a business from someone in the process of expanding.
- When you go to Las Vegas, make sure they don’t take you the long way.
- You get what you pay for, if you buy a cheap room it’s not going to be a pleasant stay.
- It’s important to do your due diligence, or else customers will turn away from your brand.
- James is going to be on the Home Shopping Network for Swannies.
- It’s important to have some friends in the same field as your business.
- You can use a selfie stick to make new friends.
- It’s important to take breaks when working so you don’t burn out.
- If you’re in business try to get customers on recurring payments, and subscriptions to products.