235: What Can 100-Mile Runs Teach Us About Life? With Ryan Young
Most people can’t even imagine running 10 miles, let alone a 26.2 mile marathon, let alone a 100+ mile ultra-marathon! Yet that’s exactly what today’s guest does, and he’s on the James Swanwick Show today to help us understand a bit more about living the best life possible from the point of view of an ultra-marathoner.
As Ryan Young says, running can turn into a sort of meditation as you get better and better at it, and it’s important for everyone to find out what that thing is that they can do, that will get them into that space of calm meditation. For Ryan, it’s running, but it doesn’t have to be that for you. What’s important is that you pay attention to what gets you into the right state of mind, calms you inside and helps you see everything in your life in perspective, and then create a regular habit of doing that thing.
There is a lot of wisdom to be learn from this episode about achieving success, pushing through difficult barriers, staying calm in the face of adversary, and much more, so enjoy this one with Ryan Young!
- Running can be a very effective form of meditation, especially as you get better and better at it
- At longer distances, nutrition becomes incredibly vital
- When it comes to nutrition, it’s really important to study and find out exactly what works for you, as opposed to anyone else
- There’s a peace that comes with running and getting familiar with the elements that can be very therapeutic
- Long distance running shows you the incredible value and importance in preparing
- The value of community in something like an ultra-marathon is immense, and shows the value of community in everyday life