People all across the world have shelves and shelves of books that discuss self-help. Every years hundreds and hundreds of books are published on self-help, ranging from business topics, to weight loss, to spiritual pick me ups. Do you find yourself constantly purchasing these types of books, but never actually applying any of these tips to your life?
Think about your own life, the knowledge that you have, and what you need to do to change something in your life. Do you apply the knowledge you have to your actions? Or do you simply learn new information, and place it on the shelf?
On this episode of the James Swanwick show, James discusses the importance of taking action when it comes to self help and not just sitting by as your life goes on. Do not let your self help turn into shelf help!
- It’s not what you don’t know, it’s what you do know that you don’t do.
- If you know what you should do / what you are supposed to do, and you don’t do it, no amount of self help / new books / new coaching will help. You will become to ‘new’ things.
- Its great to get help, read books, get coaching tips, but if you do not actually take it to heart, nothing will change.
- If you don’t take action on the things you learn, nothing will change.
- Learn how to take action, and change what needs to change.
- Do not allow self-help to turn into shelf help.
- You do the right thing by buying the new book, seeing the new coach, attending the new seminar, but if you only turn it not shelf help then you will stay the same.
- People all across the world have shelves and shelves of self help books. This is fine, just actually apply the information in the books to your life.
- Recently attended a conference in Nashville, where I learned a lot, but spent a lot of money on learning new things.
- This money is not a waste, because I will apply it to my life. If I sat back, and did not change anything, then it would be a waste.
- If you want to improve, then simply apply the knowledge you have to your life, and things will change.
- It only matters if you do the things you know.
- The best way to learn anything is to teach it.
- Learn to be a man of your word, if you say you are going to do something, do it.