165: “Sell or be Sold” by Grant Cardone – James’ Book Review
“No commitment means no results.” – Grant Cardone
(click to tweet)
Do you know how to sell? The truth is that selling is for more than just salespeople. It’s for everyone who wants to see success in their life. Everyone is selling something, whether that is a product, their idea of the world, or just where they want to eat tonight. You are selling every single day.
Today I am reviewing “Sell or be Sold” by Grant Cardone. The book is focused on salespeople, but has a ton of incredible advice for anyone who wants to live the best life possible! Learn how to sell to see your success and your happiness increase.
This episode is hard hitting, fast, and we get right into the education, so make sure to have a pen and paper ready to take notes, listen up and pay attention, because this skill could change your life!
- You have to WANT it
- If you know how to sell, you’ll never be without work and people needing you
- Sales people make the world go ‘round
- You can’t earn any real stature or financial success without the ability to persuade others
- Commitment is required before results can start to happen
- The most important sale is to yourself. You cannot sell anything until you are utterly and completely convinced that what you’re selling is the best thing in the world
- Focus on winning whatever game you’re playing in life
- Price is almost never the real objection. Move past that to find out what the real objection is. The real issue is love and confidence
- When you get a price objection, try to move the customer to a more expensive product instead of a cheaper one
- Selling is 80% people and 20% product
- Become genuinely interested in finding the right product for the person rather than making the sale
- Always agree with the customer. ALWAYS. There’s no easier way to end an argument than by agreeing with the opposition