Smoothies are one of the most delicious types of food/drink in the world. But are they healthy? It all depends on how you’re making them, and Bradley Jarryd is on the show today to tell you exactly how they should be made to fit your dietary and fitness goals perfectly!
Plus, we dig into several recipes that will make you drool when you hear them. Take notes on this one if you want to make delicious smoothies that line up with your dietary goals.
But as Brad says, always be very careful to measure everything. Smoothies can be perfect for your dietary goals, but they can also easily get way off, as it’s easy to accidentally double something like peanut butter, and all the sudden you have an extra 200 calories!
So be careful, measure everything carefully, don’t use too much fruits, always include protein, and watch your dietary goals come closer and closer into view with the help of the delicious smoothies in this episode!
- Fruit sugar is not always healthy, especially when you have a lot of it
- Include protein in your shake
- Naked juice is terrible for you, even if it’s green
Pina Colada Smoothie
- Coconut/almond milk
- Frozen pineapple
- Unsweetened dehydrated unsweetened coconut flakes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothies
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Almond butter or peanut butter
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Cottage cheese
- Ice cubes
3 Rules for Making Healthy Smoothies
- Don’t make it too fruity or sugary. Try stevia instead if you need it sweetened
- Always have a protein source
- Measure your amounts. It’s easy to have too much of an ingredient or too little, depending on your goal