The choices that you make about how you structure your day, what you spend your time on, the order that you do things in, has a very direct effect on how productive you are able to be and, as a consequence, how successful you are able to be.
Today I am going through the details of how I structure my day, and specifically how I do so today versus earlier in my life when I was less productive. It’s the little choices that I make throughout the day that, individually don’t seem like much, but add up to a large advantage,
For instance, most people listen to pump-up music or something like that when they’re working out, but I listen to educational material. This simple choice ensures that I get an additional 30-90 minutes of education every single day, and over time, that adds up to far more knowledge.
That is just one of the examples of how I make consciously and very purposeful choices to make sure I am able to get the most out of every day. Learn the rest of them on this episode of the James Swanwick Show!
- Use a calendar. Too many people don’t even take that step
- Making a practice of putting everything in your calendar will help you get them done
- Put anything in a calendar that you really want to make sure happens
- Give yourself an “impossible,” or difficult, deadline for projects that you want to make happen
- Use video conferencing if you work with people remotely
- Write down your goals. This gives you a far better chance of accomplishing
- Consider a personal assistant, depending on where you are in your career and if it makes sense
- Understand exactly the value of your time to make a smart decision about paying for people to help you
- Do multiple things at the same time, like learning while exercising
- Consider using Binaural beats if you need to really focus for a bit
- Build a team to help you
- If you don’t have a lot of money, look to trade services
- In terms of getting organized, eliminating, and then delegate
- If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room
- Put yourself in an environment of people who will push you and make you grow