178: “Do It Now!” – James Swanwick on How to Get More Out of Life
“The fitter that I am physically, the fitter that I am mentally.” – James Swanwick
(click to tweet)
It’s time to get a behind-the-scenes look at your host, James Swanwick, and what he’s all about. Today, the tables are being turned, and Thai Neave is interviewing James to try to understand the man behind the Swannies.
A lot of ground is covered in this episode, so get ready to take in a lot of information. Thai and James go over things like getting a mentor, the coming disruptions in job markets, how artists can make a living, why helping is selfish (but not bad), how to have a willingness and the guts to jump into the deep end in life, and why James spent $25k on mentorship.
If you’re someone who is always looking for ways to get more out of life, this is the episode for you. This is applicable to people in any industry who are simply attempting to live the best life that they can. Get some insight, encouragement, and advice for your life on this episode of the James Swanwick Show!
“Don’t wait to do stuff. Do it now!” – James Swanwick
(click to tweet)
- A lot of different industries are going through huge changes, and when it comes to jobs it’s really going to be survival of the fittest
- The world is tricky, but all you can do is arm yourself as well as you can to prepare for what is happening
- A lot of artists don’t want to take the time to learn how to sell their art
- Helping is actually selfish because it makes you feel so good when you do it
- Align your entire life (including the car you drive) with your brand
- In sales, there’s a lot of perception. The perception that you give to the people you sell to is so important
- Having the willingness and the guts to jump into the deep end of situations is very important to success
- If you’re nervous about something, ask yourself “what’s the worst thing that could happen?” Chances are, it will not be as bad as you’re imagining
- Mentors are essential. Whether paid or not, find a mentor
- Don’t wait to do stuff. Do it now!
Three Top Takeaways from $25k spent in coaching with Tai Lopez
- How to read a book a day
- Think big. Multiply by 10. Surround yourself with people who think big
- The science of human nature, and getting to the truth/data. Maybe an ugly website actually sells more than a pretty website. Try to understand why, and get at the data. Force yourself to always questions what is, and understand how people can be persuaded