It’s important to continue learning – constantly. You can’t stop, or else you will be left behind. There will always be someone who knows more than you, new trends and technology coming into play, and you can quickly be left behind.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Jobs, and the Dalai Llama are all people from different walks of life who know/knew the importance of continual growth. The world will leave you behind, and it can’t be stressed enough that you need to keep educating yourself.
Recently James attended a seminar where he was a guest speaker. He was talked up by the people running the event, told what a success and great business man he is, and left the entire audience with the impression that he is some kind of business super hero. At one point in the seminar, the crowd was asked to share any problems they may be facing in their business.
Most people in James’ position would play a big shot and keep their mouth shut. James knows the importance of being humble and taking advantage of an opportunity when he has the chance, so he raised his hand to share what was going on in his business. As a result he was able to learn more from the combined minds of the entire room than he possibly could have on his own. This also lead James to new connections and a higher appreciation from his audience.
People want to see your vulnerable side, and they want to be a part of your solutions. You can’t let the ego get in the way, and you have to remember that you are never too big or successful to keep learning.
On this episode of the James Swanwick show, James shares his experiences from traveling around the world and attending various events. He gives you an inside glimpse of what it’s like to be both a mentor and a student at the same time.
Download this episode of the James Swanwick show to hear about his adventures around dozens of locations over the last few weeks.
- Even as a mentor and teacher it’s important to keep learning and being a student.
- Don’t be afraid to express vulnerability.
- It’s ok to feel like the dumbest person in the room, it means you’re growing.
- The most successful people are those that are always learning.
- At seminars there are always people who know more than you and are willing to share with you.
- Change occurs in the presence of other people.
- It can be comforting to change your life’s pace by being in a new place.
- Double down on what makes you happy.